Litigation & Arbitration
DID : +65 6320 1191
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Amos has a wide range of experience in commercial and civil litigation matters involving shareholder disputes, corporate insolvency, bankruptcy, competition law, defamation, landlord and tenant disputes, and employment disputes, amongst others.
Amos has also represented clients in matrimonial and criminal disputes, and firmly believes in giving back to the community through his involvement in pro bono work.
A sample of matters that Amos has assisted in include:
- Acting for high net-worth individual shareholders in their claim for minority oppression in respect of a Singapore investment holding company involving a Vietnamese building development project worth in excess of S$50 million.
- Acting for food importers and distributors in defending price-fixing charges brought by the Competition Commission of Singapore involving penalties of approximately S$1.7 million.
- Acting for an individual in his claim against a multi-national corporation for unpaid salary, bonus, allowance and retrenchment benefits of approximately S$300,000.
- Acting for an individual in setting aside a statutory demand issued by a moneylender. The matter involved the novel question of whether the loan refinancing arrangements designed by the moneylender contained excessive interests such that the Court would re-open the underlying transactions pursuant to the Moneylenders Act and amended Moneylenders Rules.
- Acting for an excavating and earthmoving company in its claim of approximately S$200,000 against its landlord for breach of the tenancy agreement.
- Acting for an accused charged with facilitating online gambling under the Remote Gambling Act.
- Acting for an accused charged with housebreaking by night with intention to commit theft.
- Acting for a divorcee in resisting an appeal against the decision on ancillary matters involving assets worth approximately S$5 million.
- Acting for an individual in an application for financial relief in Singapore consequential on a foreign divorce.
Recent/significant decisions that Amos has assisted in:
- Ang Ai Tee v Resource Credit Pte Ltd  SGHC 159 (High Court): Successfully represented the Plaintiff in setting aside a statutory demand.
- TNI v TNJ  SGFC 27 (Family Justice Court): Represented the Plaintiff in divorce proceedings.
- Lim Chiew Peng v JVA Management & Consultancy Pte Ltd  SGDC 322 (District Court): Successfully represented the Plaintiff in her claim for unpaid commission and bonus.
- Harjit Kaur d/o Kulwant Singh v Saroop Singh a/l Amar Singh  SGHCF 5 (High Court): Represented the Applicant in her application for financial relief in Singapore consequential on a foreign divorce.